Today I Learned. . .


With this being my first blog post it felt like it should be witty, intriguing and something new and mildly extreme. I opened the blog, sat down to my laptop and pressed my fingers to the keys and waited for inspiration to dance them into a brilliant blog post. I do that a lot. I write. I'm a writer. I don't get paid to write, yet, but one of these days it will happen. Please God. Surely there is room for one more author of ya dark fantasy and horror? Anyways, so I was sitting, ready to strike at the keys then minutes passed. Nothing came to mind - absolutely nothing. Like my brain had fizzled away after cleaning the house, feeding my son, walking then bathing the dog and the other ten million things I felt like I had done this morning. By the way I still have laundry and some knitting to do this evening after giving the boys dinner and waiting for them to pass out. Whoever thinks that stay at home moms have nothing to do during the day but watch tv and eat bon bons, HA! You have no idea. But I digress. So I sat down to start my brand new blog (with mom brain getting in the way and by the way the reason for my mom brain, my little monster, is pictured above) and I knew I wanted something short yet interesting. I have blogs for future postings but I wanted something light and not about writing or trying to find an agent or trying to get my first novel published. There will be plenty of time for complaining later. I wanted this to be easier on my brain, so here we go with a mildly interesting post about . . . nothing really.

Today I Learned:

1. Cut your dogs nails and your toddler's nails while they are sleeping. Trust me, so much easier.

2. Having a hobby for yourself to give you time to think about the book you're working on or to not think at all only works when you get to actually do it.

3. The Greek Heron invented the world's first robot (automaton technically) Some ran on water displacement, steam, and pulley systems.

4. The crystal skulls are totally fake - all of them - though no surprise there, but maybe a little bummed like finding out the Eater Bunny doesn't poop chocolate.

5. And Steam Train Dream Train by Sherri Duskey Rinker and Tom Lichtenheld is the best children's book I've read with my son in quite a while. He loves it and can't seem to get enough. Soon I'll be ready to forget the book exists but for now it's a lifesaver when I need him to sit and be still.

So that's it. It's not brilliant, it's not witty, it's barely interesting but it is a start.

I will try and keep to posting twice a week and as I said in my About Me area I am going to shamelessly promote my stories so the next post will be a short. Will it be horror? YA paranormal romance? Who knows? But will it be more interesting than this blog post? Definitely.

Phew, I feel a lot better now that this is over!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts