Untitled



You brought me food? Thank you. Do you know my family? Then why would you come here for me? I don’t know you. I don’t know how you got in here but I’m not supposed to be talking to you.

Can I eat while we talk? Oh. What?

I live here. This is my home. I don’t know what you mean. I have always lived here. But – I think something is wrong. Why would they send you instead of coming down themselves? No, please don’t turn on the light. It burns. I don’t care if it’s just a dim bulb I like it dark. My eyes are used to this. I don’t have to see to know that the walls still drip with the metal tools my body is familiar with. There is a harness to my right and a mattress leaning against the wall just beyond that. My toilet is behind me. No. The mattress isn’t mine. I sleep in my box.

It’s none of your business what the toys and mattress are for. Where is my family? What have you done with them?

What? Do I have chains? No. I haven’t had chains in years unless we are playing a new game with a new friend.

I know the door isn’t locked. I’m more comfortable down here in my room. I just told you I’m comfortable. I don’t know you and I’m not going to trust some stranger and I’m not going to leave without permission from my daddy. You don’t know they’re not coming back! It’s only been a few days. They wouldn’t leave me – they love me.

I’m so hungry. I won’t go. I can’t. When they come back and see that I’ve gone they’ll be disappointed and I won’t do that to them.

Th-thank you for the water and food but I won’t leave my home. Do you want me to give the food back? Yes you can come back tomorrow if you want. I’ll be sure to clean. I wasn’t expecting company. But if my family is back it would be best for you to stay away. You sound very pretty and mama can be jealous. That’s why I stay in the dark. Sometimes she can get a little carried away.

Do you mind if I eat now? It has been a few days.  





Comments

Popular Posts