A Horror Film That Had Me In Stitches!

It was a clown movie... called STITCHES... get it? Lol, I would make an awful comedian.

So, this Irish horror movie is on one of my favorite haunts, Netflix. I saw it every time I combed through the scary films and I always skipped it because it looks like the cheesiest flick ever. I mean, a movie about a clown coming back from the dead to haunt kids? It sounds sooo campy and most of the time I prefer serious scares. And I was right. It was absolutely campy - but in the best way possible!

As usual, I will say that I do not give spoilers for films. I hate it when movies are ruined for me because who wants to watch it when you know exactly what happens? Unless it's a war picture or, God forbid, I have to watch TITANIC again, I shouldn't be able to guess the ending.

Good news: I COULD NOT HAVE GUESSED THIS ENDING!

I couldn't even have guessed what happened half-way through. Now, warning, it is a slow starting movie. Once you get past the pretty funny opening you have to sit through all of the high school kids dramas and blah blah blah - usual movie stuff - until the clown finally comes back. But if you can make it through the teenage melodrama, and perhaps have turned on the captions if you have a hard time with the Irish accent, that's when the magic really begins. No spoilers, but this was the funniest horror film I've seen since EVIL DEAD 2. Seriously, this clown is hilarious and the ridiculous things he does... Do yourself a favor and watch it. This is hands-down the best mix of clowns, eggs, blood, and a bouncing nose you will ever lay eyes on. There is a scene with a tricycle that I cannot wait for you to see. You will die laughing.

The tagline for this film should be "Everybody Happy." When you watch it (and I know you will) you will agree with me. 





Comments

Popular Posts