Cryptids and Other Fun Things

Let's talk about one of my favorite things... cryptids! From a young age I have had a fascination with all things monster; Bigfoot, Nessie, the Jersey Devil, Champ. There are so many I could name! And since I was a kid I have devoured every silly documentary I could where people would go hunting for these creatures. Never finding anything, of course. I should probably be completely honest and say that I would totally be one of these hunters if I had the time to travel and wander the woods, lol. Especially Nessie. She's my favorite.

I have been on such a monster kick lately since finishing my last book. Recent documentaries and late night YouTube sessions of monster sighting videos (they are like potato chips! I can't watch just one.) have brought me back to an old short story of mine. OLD. Like, I wrote it in middle school old. Well, I think it is time that I brought it back and gave it a fresh coating. It is going to be a book! Think Let the Right One In but with a lake monster. It has already begun :)

That makes four books that I am writing simultaneously... but let's ignore that fact for now.

I am just excited to have another monster book to write!

That's it. That's all I have to say. Though I did promise other "fun" things. Hmm. Maybe I could promise another short story headed your way? Would that be cool? Is there any particular monster you'd like to see in a story? Because let me tell you, I could definitely spend some time writing a Jersey Devil romp. The stomping of hooves on the roof... maybe on Christmas Eve? The promise of presents washed away by a river of blood. Of course, he might run into Krampus and a mega fight would ensue... Okay, maybe not, lol. Keep on the lookout! I'll have something fun and bloody for you to read soon!







Comments

Popular Posts