We have a new sofa!

I finally got to throw away the decrepit couches my husband had when I moved out to L.A. almost 8 years ago. It's like Christmas all over again! The downside was the new sofa didn't fit the way our old couches had so we had to rearrange our living room. Oh well, it's spring cleaning time anyways.

I'm still working on the final draft of the novel. I'm hoping that the new couch will be a safe haven for me and my precious pages once everyone else in the house is asleep. Maybe I'll finally finish the darn thing by next weekend. I've been working on some shorts for the site. I'm pleased with how they are turning out and I'm excited to share them with you very soon. I have to admit - being pregnant while being a stay at home mom to a three year old and having your husband always working odd hours sucks. All of those writers who say you need to be selfish and take a few hours everyday to write can kiss my ass. It's easy to be selfish when your kids are older or your partner works a regular nine to five. I can't even go to the bathroom without my son following and wanting to see what he could be missing out on. Then when I tell him he's not missing anything as I try to close the door between us it just makes him that much more curious. Maybe that's why I keep seeing popular writers that are either older or only have dogs.

It will happen though. I can make this work. I can be June Cleaver and have my house clean, kid happy and fed, dinner waiting on the table and my work done. If it was on tv it has to be doable, right?

New goal for the New Year - we're only half way through March, I can add goals - find out how to be a successful concoction of Donna Reed and Stephen King. Right. Easy. Now I just have to figure out how.

Comments

Popular Posts