Let the Holidays begin!

I still can't believe Thanksgiving is this Thursday!! There is still so much to do before the holidays and it feels like the days are literally flying by. I don't even have a turkey yet - I still have Christmas shopping to finish (for those that know me I'm usually done by Black Friday) and to top everything off my house is a wreck. Like a complete mess. Seriously, like my boys tore through tornado style and and then u-turned for a second shot just in case they missed something. It's awful. But this is the time to be thankful right? So I'm going to take a moment and be thankful. Give me a moment to forget what my house looks and smells like. . .

(takes a deep sigh)

Okay. I'm ready.

I'm thankful for my home, for a bed to sleep in and for a car to get me where I need to go. I'm thankful that I can stock my fridge when I need. I'm thankful for mine and my family's health and that we can afford to pay our bills each month. I'm thankful for my husband, for the work he does in and out of the house. I'm thankful for my beautiful boy and his laughter and sweet smile and I'm thankful for the love we three share. I'm thankful for our goofy puppy and his clumsy antics. And I am thankful for my entire family - I would be nothing without my family. They are my reason for being and I wouldn't have it any other way.

It's easy to get lost in the holidays and to let the presents and the decorating get in the way of what really matters. Be thankful this Thursday. Thankful for a new day - thankful that you woke up - thankful for every breath you take. We have so much to celebrate! So let those close to you know how thankful you are to have them in your life and that you get to share this wonderful holiday together and then demolish that damn turkey! EAT EVERYTHING!! And then be thankful that you have stretchy pants.

Happy Thanksgiving y'all!




The Merry Gathering at Wilford Manor will continue Friday

  

Comments

Popular Posts