It's Official

I am now the mother of not only one cherub cheeked devil but two. My daughter is a month old today! Already! It goes way too fast I'm telling you. And my son begins preschool next week. I'll be that over-emotional mother who is crying as she drives away completely aware that her son is smiling and playing and could care less that his mother has left. Oh well. Now that one will be in school and the other one is too small to crawl or get into any trouble I'll finally be able to devote two or three hours a day to my craft like an actual author. Maybe I'll be able to add in another hour for reading while I'm feeding the little one. If you can't read you can't write, right? And writing is definitely a craft. They say with practice and time one can only get better at their craft - now I don't know if I'm getting any better but I like to think in time I will. Do any of you have kids? Any tips on how someone can have a life of their own, work of their own, and still be a loving and attentive mother and wife? If you do - write that book. I would totally read it.

As I'm typing this a small, yellow butterfly has been dancing outside my screen door fluttering on the light breeze. Beautiful. I don't know why I felt the need to tell you that but it felt right.




Comments

Popular Posts