Quote of the Week

The time has come for my summer trip to Oklahoma with the kiddies! Swimming, fishing, oppressive humidity, and much needed family time. In the midst of packing, and praying that I don't forget anything, I knew I needed to blog - plus, I missed talking to you guys - so I have picked a wonderfully depressing classic.

Honestly, I have been ignoring my computer for the last two weeks. My brain needed a rest from the books and I had a knitting project that I wanted to work on. So I've been binging on Murder, She Wrote episodes and knitting :) This mini vacation should be invigorating, and the time away from my keyboard has made me hungry to work. But, let's not waste anymore time. Enjoy one of my favorite quotes from Steinbeck.




"Before I knowed it, I was sayin' out loud, 'The hell with it! There ain't no sin and there ain't no virtue. There's just stuff people do. It's all part of the same thing.'... I says, 'What's this call, this sperit?' An' I says, 'It's love. I love people so much I'm fit to bust, sometimes.'... I figgered, 'Why do we got to hang it on God or Jesus? Maybe,' I figgered, 'maybe it's all men an' all women we love; maybe that's the Holy Sperit-the human sperit-the whole shebang. Maybe all men got one big soul ever'body's a part of.' Now I sat there thinkin' it, an' all of a suddent-I knew it. I knew it so deep down that it was true, and I still know it."

- John Steinbeck, The Grapes of Wrath




 

Comments

Popular Posts