New Year

Welcome to 2017!

We are now ten days into the New Year and, so far, not much has changed. I'm not magically skinny, or taller, unfortunately, and my bank account is empty after paying bills and rent. But I can't complain too much. My family is healthy, we have food in the fridge and gas in the car. Overall, I would say that my clan is pretty happy.

2016 will be missed. It was the year I got my wonderful agent and was able to complete the second book in my series. It was also the year that my brother got married and my niece and nephew got to come out and visit us. That was a whirlwind weekend, lol.

I was hoping to add "book deal" to my list of achievements in 2016, but I'm optimistic that 2017 is my year. After all, what's the point of celebrating a New Year if I can't choose to believe that it will be better than the last?

So, I thought I would put my New Year's Resolutions here. Maybe some of you will find them inspirational.

1. Lose weight. (You can't have a resolution list without adding "shrinking my ass" to it.)
2. Buy a house. (I live in Hollywood, by the way.)
3. Save more money. (Hardly achievable, but this will always be on my list.)
4. Complete at least three books. (Lofty, but doable!)
5. Gain followers and readers. (I'll be honest, I have no idea how to even go about this one.)
6. Work on my craft. Each book should be better than the last.
7. Get published.


I am off to a decent start. I have the three books I want to write plotted, outlined, and ready to go. Actually, one is a book that was completed four years ago but needs an overhaul - my first book - and I'm ready to give it the love and care it needs.

As for gaining readers, I have recently joined Wattpad and am posting rewrites of the shorts I've posted here. I haven't decided yet if I am going to continue posting stories here, or if I will simply link to Wattpad, keeping the blog and the stories separate from now on. If you have a Wattpad account, look me up and give me a follow. Especially if you are a writer because I am always on the hunt for new authors to read.

Some of these are pipe dreams, but the majority are attainable if I work hard enough. I am excited to start this New Year off right!

What are some of your goals for this New Year?





Comments

Popular Posts