Moving Sucks

The radio silence has been because my family and I have moved halfway across these great United States. We drove by mountains and through deserts and it was all very pretty and while I drove, all I could think of was how much moving sucks. It sucks... hard.

My kids had flown to stay with their grandparents and my husband and I drove our two cars. It took three days and two nights. One of those nights was spent in the sketchiest fucking hotel we cold find and I couldn't sleep because I just knew that a Norman Bates wannabe was going to sneak in and stab me.

Weeks later and here we are - still surrounded by boxes. There's been a carpet issue, a plumbing fiasco, and so much paint, I don't even want to talk about it. We've been staying at our in-laws house and I'm starting to lose my mind. Not having a place to call our own has been hard. We aren't homeless, don't misunderstand me. We will be living in a very nice little house that just needs a lot of TLC right now and I thank God every day that this home was available. It's simply taking longer than we thought and it's been hard on the kids. Truth be told, it's been hard on all of us. But it's nothing that we can't pull through.

I've actually gotten a break this weekend. I have the next book plotted and I've made my inspirational reading list. I'll go into detail after I've given them a read, but at the top of the list is American Psycho by Brett Easton Ellis. Loved the movie! I can't wait to see how descriptive the book is. After that, Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk. There are more titles to come - those are just first round.

Along with the new title, I've decided to work on a novella to share with you and Wattpad. No retelling this time, strictly horror, and I can't wait for you to read it!

Stay tuned. The next time I post, it will be to bring you blood.




Comments

Popular Posts