Ready for the New Year?

Christmas is over and the last holiday we have left is New Year's Eve. Honestly it's not one of my favorite holidays - I hate the noise that comes with it. Then there's the drunk drivers and loud music and general unpleasantness you get when you live in an apartment building. But, you say, it's the time of year where you can start afresh. A new beginning, a chance to turn the last year around and be the things you always wanted to be. Well - realistically - it's the time of year that we all make resolutions that never seem to come true.

My resolution is obviously to continue working on more books and to find my perfect agent. The writing won't be an issue but finding an agent seems to be impossible. But it will be my resolution this year and the next year and the year after until I have reached my goal and put a book on the shelf of every bookstore. I should probably try to lose some weight too. . .

I don't know what your goals are. I don't know if you will ever reach them but together we can go into the New Year dreaming. We have the rest of our lives, so many new years, to reach our destinations. So I will keep writing and sending my queries and you keep doing, well, whatever it is you do and we'll get through another year day by day.

Good luck to you and yours and have a safe and happy New Years!



Comments

Popular Posts