Quote of the Week

I think until I find a suitable cage for my baby I should probably start calling this blog Quote of the Month. It is ridiculous the extremes I've been going to trying to get some writing in. Right now we are coming up on eleven pm, my children are asleep next to me and I'm typing in the dark making error after error and abusing the delete button. Someday I will get to finish one of the shorts I've been slowly getting down on paper. Literally - I got one sentence written down the other day and my seven month old immediately woke up after being asleep for only ten minutes. It was like she knew I was making progress. Sometimes I wonder if I shouldn't have named her Damien, or whatever the female equivalent is.

On to our quote. I have been reading lots and lots to my baby girl so I am going to go with one of my favorite children's books. If you're a dude I'll tell you right now that you're probably not going to be interested in this quote. Or maybe you will be, who knows? Give it a try.




“Thoughts are such fleet magic things. Betsy's thoughts swept a wide arc while Uncle Keith read her poem aloud. She thought of Julia learning to sing with Mrs. Poppy. She thought of Tib learning to dance. She thought of herself and Tacy and Tib going into their 'teens. She even thought of Tom and Herbert and of how, by and by, they would be carrying her books and Tacy's and Tib's up the hill from high school.”
Maud Hart Lovelace, Betsy and Tacy Go Downtown




 

Comments

Popular Posts