You've got to put one book right after the other...

I wonder, did anybody else sing the title or was that just me? I should probably lay off watching eighties comedies. Or should I?

I can finally say that the latest book has been finished! There were finishing touches that it needed, like a spelling check, additions to the ending, taking out unnecessary words - okay it was a full blown edit. But it had to be pretty for my agents read thru.

Now comes the dreaded next book. I say dreaded because I had planned to do the majority of it for Nanowrimo. That sure as hell hasn't panned out. There will be a decent word count by the end of November, but nowhere near 50k.

It's cool. I'm good with disappointment.

Am I crazy for going from book to book? I am doing alright with my reading list because if you don't have time to read, you don't have time to write (thank you Stephen King for those words of wisdom.) I'm just wondering what others do. I'm just no good at twiddling my thumbs in between projects. Maybe for a week or so but never longer. The only exception was having the babies, and I used all of that time to voraciously read.

I'm rambling. I suppose the point of this blog was just to say "Yay! I finished the book!!"

I already have a few books lined up that need to be written but you know what I want to write? My husband and I have been watching West World which always makes me think of Yul Brynner, which in turn, always makes me think of The Magnificent Seven.

Somebody, somewhere, needs to write a book based on the Magnificent Seven. I know that it is a retelling of a Japanese movie, but let's stick with the American version because I've yet to see the original. So, story based on the seven, but I want them to be all chicks. Badass bitches who kill for money. An older woman who kills with knitting needles. A prostitute who lures men in then bleeds them dry. A wealthy girl who simply enjoys taking life and a practical woman who simply wants to complete missions and make bank. They can be different nationalities, colors, they can be lesbians or bi, there could be an alien hanging with them. They could have magical powers in place of guns, or superpowers. It can be modern day or a space opera. I don't care. Surprise me!

And so help me, if this book does not exist in the next three years, I will write it! And you will love it!!

hopefully.

If you decide to write this wonderful prompt, please let me know. I will throw my money at you and run away with my copy.







Comments

Popular Posts