Quote of the Week: Halloween Countdown

Three more days to Halloween, Halloween, Halloween - three more days to Halloween - Silver Shamrock.

Fifty bonus points if you know what movie that comes from. You win the car if you were singing it as you were reading it. And by car I mean I'll email you a picture of a plastic ice cream truck.

Halloween is upon us kiddies. I have spent way too much time getting my sons costume ready. He had to be R2D2 and all of the costumes I could have bought had to be awful. Thirty bucks and numerous hours have borne a passable droid that my son will roll down the sidewalk this weekend. I'll be honest - I'm totally proud of it and he loves it. He's completely adorable in it too! Which is good because we have a costume contest we hope to win. Fingers crossed.

On to our quote for the week. I waited until today because I got busy (let's be honest) and because I wanted to do a little countdown to my favorite holiday. Today's quote is from a classic. If you haven't read it, or any of his work, you have surely heard about his most famous monster. His tales and style of writing aren't for everyone but if you can settle in while reading and muddle through some of the long and quiet bits you will find terrifyingly wonderful stories.






“The Thing cannot be described - there is no language for such abysms of shrieking and immemorial lunacy, such eldritch contradictions of all matter, force, and cosmic order. A mountain walked or stumbled.

If I say that my somewhat extravagant imagination yielded simultaneous pictures of an octopus, a dragon, and a human caricature, I shall not be unfaithful to the spirit of the thing. A pulpy, tentacled head surmounted a grotesque and scaly body with rudimentary wings; but it was the general outline of the whole which made it most shockingly frightful.”
― H.P. Lovecraft, The Call of Cthulhu
 





Comments

Popular Posts