Quote of the Week

I missed last week. I know, bad blogger. I'd let you slap me on the hand but that would mean I'd have to crawl out from behind my computer screen and I'm too lazy to do that. Since I missed last week and since this is the wonderful month of scares and tricks and treats I'm going to post two quotes from two great horror novels. Actually, expect quotes from horror novels all month. I had wanted to open October with the quote from Shirley Jackson's Haunting at Hill House but I was too excited to post it. I love that book but there are plenty of other scary books waiting patiently in the dark for their turn. 








“People who shine can sometimes see things that are gonna happen, and I think sometimes they can see things that did happen. But they’re just like pictures in a book.”
― Stephen King, The Shining




Once they rode camels in the desert; once they drove caravans across Europe. They eat screams and drink pain. You had your horrors at the Overlook, Danny, but at least you were spared these folks.
― Stephen King, Doctor Sleep





Comments

Popular Posts