Quote of the Week: Halloween Countdown

One more day to Halloween!

I know this is coming out late tonight but I had to help my punkin win his school costume contest. In case you were wondering, we totally won with his awesome R2D2 we made. The force was definitely with us tonight!

Down to the quote. You've seen the movie where Linda Blair projectile vomits pea soup and I'm sure you had trouble sleeping after watching the movie. I promise you, if you read the book, there will be no sleep for a week. As someone who believes in demons and possession this book scared (still scares) the ever living shit out of me.






“There it lies, I think, Damien … possession; not in wars, as some tend to believe; not so much; and very rarely in extraordinary interventions such as here … this girl … this poor child. No, I tend to see possession most often in the little things, Damien: in the senseless, petty spites and misunderstandings; the cruel and cutting word that leaps unbidden to the tongue between friends. Between lovers. Between husbands and wives. Enough of these and we have no need of Satan to manage our wars; these we manage for ourselves … for ourselves.”
― William Peter Blatty, The Exorcist





Comments

Popular Posts